It's Just a Part of Life

It's an entirely unspecific blog, containing nothing more than the thoughts wandering through my overcluttered brain at any one time. Proceed with caution!

Monday, August 22

The Wedding

My brother, Kirk, is getting married on October 28th. I am a bridesmaid. My dress doesn't fit.

You know what this means....

DIET!!!

I'm actually excited about this and I've been pondering ways to help it along. So far I've thought of this:

1. Only 1 Pepsi a day
2. NO MORE MAC & CHEESE
3. Tae-Bo
4. No constant snacking

The first and last will be the hardest of the group. I'm addicted to Pepsi and I usually snack all day long. But I've formulated a plan to help me out with the snacking thing.

When I get the urge to start munching I'll pick up some knitting or a journal or sketchbook and concentrate on something else until the urge passes. If it doesn't after a long while, I'll slice up a pickle and eat a bit of that.

Of course this is all good in theory, but the execution will be a little more elusive. But when I look at the pretty dress I can wear, or the plain sack of a dress that I'd have to have altered to fit me, it'll be worth the effort to lose the weight and wear the nicer of the two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home