It's Just a Part of Life

It's an entirely unspecific blog, containing nothing more than the thoughts wandering through my overcluttered brain at any one time. Proceed with caution!

Monday, August 15

Booklists

So I was talking with a friend at work, discussing books he should read and stuff like that and I got to thinking about my own reading slump. I think I have this sort of... mental block built up against little Oliver Twist. It's very sad, I know, but I think I may have to set the book aside. So I'm juggling my reading list around and here's the new arrangement:

Finished Books:
Treasure Island* DONE!!!
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince DONE!!!

New List:
Middlemarch *
It
The Magician's Nephew
Lady Audley's Secret *
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Wizard's First Rule
Mary Barton *
Much Ado About Nothing
The Importance of Being Earnest *
Tess of the D'Urbervilles *
Beauty
Emma *
Jurassic Park
Wives and Daughters *
The Hobbit
The Life of Charlotte Bronte *
Pride and Prejudice *
The Victorians
Oliver Twist *

* Signifies Victorian Era Literature

That's the new arrangement, with a few more books tossed in for good measure. Now I just need to find time and force myself to fall into the habit of reading. Once I find a 9-5 job it'll be easier, I can set aside time each evening.

Which reminds me... I quit my job! Yes, this upcoming Saturday will be my last at Osco Drug. I'll post the celebration schedule as the time draws closer.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger chittavrtti said…

    Is Beauty the novel by Robin McKinley? If so she is a wonderful writer if you like internal narratives -which I do :)***cv

     

Post a Comment

<< Home