It's Just a Part of Life

It's an entirely unspecific blog, containing nothing more than the thoughts wandering through my overcluttered brain at any one time. Proceed with caution!

Wednesday, August 17

Perpetually Single

PERPETUAL : continuing forever : EVERLASTING b (1) : valid for all time (2) : holding (as an office) for life or for an unlimited time 2 : occurring continually : indefinitely long-continued

SINGLE : not married b : of or relating to celibacy 2 : unaccompanied by others : LONE, SOLE

Just so we're all clear on the definition of my status, there are the dictionary definitions, copied and pasted from the websters website.

You see... I've decided that I'm undatable. Totally. It's like... Kelly is to Guys as Kryptonite is to Superman. I drive them away at super speeds.

Example: Two Saturdays ago I went out to do some kareoke with my friend Anna. And there was this cute guy sitting next to us and we started chatting and exchanged numbers and I was all "Yay! I met a guy! They aren't allergic to me!"

But the problem is that I'm selfish. Very selfish. And I'm not an affectionate person. Not in the beginning of a relationship at least. I've been hurt too deeply to invest all my heart in a person right away.

So when said guy began calling everyday, sometimes twice a day, I got a little irked. I don't even talk to my family every day and I live with them. So I took the coward's way out, I e-mailed him and ended it. Nicely. I told him, honestly, that I can't give him what he seems to need right now. And I don't.

I feel better, I do. I mean, it was such a pressure to return all those calls. I never knew what the hell to say when I did call. I'm one of those 'if I want to talk to you, you'll know because I'll call' people.

He was a great guy, don't get me wrong. We got along great and had a lot in common, but it was just... too much pressure for me right now. I don't know... maybe I'm just a wimp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home