It's Just a Part of Life

It's an entirely unspecific blog, containing nothing more than the thoughts wandering through my overcluttered brain at any one time. Proceed with caution!

Wednesday, August 3

Tattoos

Thanks to shows like Miami Ink and Inked I've been thinking a lot about a tattoo. Not that the idea hasn't been on my mind before. See, when I went to Las Vegas for New Years last year I wanted to get one, but no one would let me.

I've been thinking about what I would get, what sort of mark would I allow on my body forever and I think I've got it.

My first real memory of reading poetry is Edgar Allen Poe's The Raven. My grade school, which just happened to be named after said author, had this wonderfully old copy of his works and I think I had it check out to myself until I left that school. I would read and reread that poem, I always loved it.

I think I'd like to get a raven, maybe on my arm. With "Nevermore" underneath it. I don't want it to be gothic, I want it because that's a poem that I love. Something that I know I'll always like. I can still recite a pretty good chunk of the poem from memory. And I read it at least once a month. I dunno... I'll have to think about it. Maybe for my birthday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home