It's Just a Part of Life

It's an entirely unspecific blog, containing nothing more than the thoughts wandering through my overcluttered brain at any one time. Proceed with caution!

Wednesday, July 27

An Ode to my Car

I drive the best car in the world. It's a tiny little Ford Festiva, bright smurf blue, and gets about 100 miles to the gallon. It's been through hell and back, but my baby still gets me to where I need to go.

Monday night, while working, we had the biggest storm I've seen in a long time. And there was my little car, sitting in about 10 inches of water. Which is bad because she only sits about 8 inches off of the ground herself. So the inside was soaked. The next day, because of the water, my brakes froze up on me and I had to have them replaced. Grr. But my car is back in commission again and I feel it's time she gets her moment in the spotlight. So, without further ado... An Ode to my Car

Broken headlight
Dented hood
Scuffed up bumper
It don't look good
Pathetic horn
Obnoxious blue
Call it a dork-mobile
The Smurf turd too.
The seats are stained
There are spots of rust
It's ok, I understand
Laugh if you must.
The mileage is awesome
A blast to drive
A full tank will cost
Just a ten and a five.
No it's not a toy,
Doesn't drive by remote
Better to go in an SUV
Or a huge Cadillac boat?
No I'll take my little car
With her dents and her flaws
Cause under all that stuff
She's the best there ever was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home