It's Just a Part of Life

It's an entirely unspecific blog, containing nothing more than the thoughts wandering through my overcluttered brain at any one time. Proceed with caution!

Thursday, June 30

Memed!!

So about a month ago I was tagged for a meme by my Jasmine. Now I have no idea why it's called a meme, since memes are mind viruses, but eh, what do I know?

The meme is simple, list 5 things I miss about childhood.

1. I miss being able to make-believe without my adult tendencies holding me back. When I was little I used to be able to dive into a pool, slip under the water and transform into a mermaid. The pool wasn't just a pool, it was my private underwater cove, where dolphins would swim with me and endless wonders waited.

2. I miss having time. Do you remember when you had a party or something to do, but it didn't start until such and such a time, and between waking up and that time it felt like a hundred endless lifetimes had passed? I miss that. The years didn't blip by at lightening speed, they crept along at a comfortable pace.

3. I miss the security. My world didn't extend further than my own backyard, and there I could be protected from anything or anyone by my daddy. There wasn't war to worry about, there wasn't money to save or lose or covet, there wasn't weight to watch or bills to pay or heartburn or migraines. There were tummy aches and booboos and owies, all of which could be cured by a little kiss or a hug.

4. I miss tag. I miss swings. I miss slides. I miss being so caught up in a game that nothing else mattered. I miss freeze tag and heads up 7-up, I miss hula-hoops and 4 square, I miss blowing bubbles and skipping rope, I miss drawing on the street with chalk, playing princesses and witches, spinning round and round until I'm so dizzy that the whole world is a carnival ride, I miss being able to play.

5. I miss summer vacation.

So there are my 5 things. Now here's the rules:

Below is a list of 5 blogs, including mine. If I tag you remove the top blog and add yours to the bottom, then tag other people to do the meme.

Fistful of Fortnights
Feisty Repartee
Lollygaggin
Round the Fire
It's Just a Part of Life

So there are the blogs, now who do I tag?

My Junior Knit Wit
Kirk
and....
Kari

Get writing!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home