It's Just a Part of Life

It's an entirely unspecific blog, containing nothing more than the thoughts wandering through my overcluttered brain at any one time. Proceed with caution!

Thursday, June 16

Lazy summer days my ass!!

I miss being young, when summer was this endless time of playing, laughing and otherwise having fun. Where every day was endless and every hour was like a day in itself. I miss having time. I feel like there's never enough time in the day to get done what I need.

Take this week for example:
Sunday: Got suckered into working from 7-3, then laid in bed with crippling cramps.

Monday: Went to Gram and Gramp's house to visit and help around the house. Stayed overnight.

Tuesday: Spent majority of day with Gram and Gramps (time very well spent I might add), got home a little before 7:30, brother called and invited me to dinner, went right back out to meet him. Ended up at the book store to pick up two books I had on order, then drove him home and stayed to talk for a while. Didn't get home until 11ish.

Wednesday: Slept in, went to see Batman Begins with my brother (It's quite good, by the way), then had to sprint to work. Worked 3-11, got home and organized knitting patterns then worked on my blogs.

Thursday plans: Call financial aid office at UIC about cost of school. Look into getting a body wave (it's a sort of perm), return books and movies to the library, try to find some time to read... maybe during the perm. 5ish- go to Beth's house to watch movies (Jekyll and Hyde the musical and maybe something else) and knit.

Friday plans: Work 11-7, come home to an empty house. Reading time?

Saturday plans: Work 8-4, maybe have Anna over for Buffy/knitting day?

Sunday plans: Finish Treasure Island. No excuses. Do laundry.

See what I mean? There isn't a spare 5 minutes in the day. And at the end of every day off I feel like I got absolutely nothing done because I spend half of it dwelling on the endless pile of things I have to do. The worst of it is that my evil boss Eva keeps getting me to surrender one of my days off and go in to work. This week it was Sunday, next week it's Monday. But after that I'm done, no more extra days for Kelly. No thank you.

I haven't seen my parents since... Sunday. And I won't see them until Monday because they're going out of town on Friday and I'll be out tomorrow evening with Beth. It's pretty weird, being in the same house with people you don't see.

And right now my bed is overrun with kittens. Every night it's a battle for foot and head space, between Tigger and Sammy. Sammy likes to sleep on my pillow, which I don't mind when I'm not using it. I dunno... maybe I'm just being whiny tonight.

Kari (my sister) starts work Monday, but she's only working til 12 each day. But still, if I stop staying awake until 1 and 2 am I might actually get up at a decient hour and be able to get some quiet reading done while she's out of the house.

Goal for this week: Finish Treasure Island and start Oliver Twist

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home