It's Just a Part of Life

It's an entirely unspecific blog, containing nothing more than the thoughts wandering through my overcluttered brain at any one time. Proceed with caution!

Sunday, June 19

Alone, but not lonely

My parents and my sister were out of town this weekend, down state at ISU for the Illinois State Special Olympics, and I had the house all to myself. It was.... wonderful.

Friday night my brother and his fiancee came over and we watched some ghost investigation DVDs that I have. Sarah, my future sister-in-law, is a big wimp and kept saying it was too scary and she wanted to go home. So, of course, when they finally did head home around midnight I listened at the intercom for the door to open, then yelled out "Yah!" Both of them screamed, it was great.

Today, Saturday, I had to work until 4, then I headed home for a nice, relaxing night alone. I pulled out my knitting, put my feet up and watched 2 movies. She Creature and Pirates of the Caribbean, both good movies. I baked a cake on a whim, then cleaned up the kitchen and living room so that I don't have to do it tomorrow in a rush before my parents get home.

The only thing I don't like about being home alone is sleeping alone. I don't like feeling so exposed. But, luckily for me, I have two brave puppies to protect me all night long. And they do a very good job of patrolling the house while I'm sleeping.

Tomorrow the plan is as follows:
Sleep in
Finish Treasure Island
Hang with Anna
Knit
Laundry?

The rest of the week:
Mon: Work 10-6
Tues: Off??
Wed: Work 2-10
Thurs: Off
Fri: Work 10-2
Sat: Placement tests at UIC
Sun: Off

Looks like it'll be a bit quieter than last week, which is good. I'm looking forward to having some good quiet reading time. Kari starts her job Monday, so it'll be nice and quiet between 8 and 12ish. I'll have to take advantage of it. No more sleeping until 10 or later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home