It's Just a Part of Life

It's an entirely unspecific blog, containing nothing more than the thoughts wandering through my overcluttered brain at any one time. Proceed with caution!

Sunday, June 19

Another Dull Day

Some of you, and here I flatter myself in assuming that people actually read my little blog, may have noticed that one of my other blogs, Retail is Hell, is gone. The reasoning is this:

I never updated it, when I did it only annoyed me to have to remember all the crap that went on at work that day, and August 13th is my last day at Osco. So there isn't a reason for the blog anymore.

Having said that I would like to brag a bit. Yay for me! I actually stood my ground and did what I'd set out to do. I finished reading Treasure Island, and it was a fine, fun book to read. But, strangely enough, not at all like Muppet Treasure Island. Who knew? :) At 237 pages, I recommend this book to anyone who would like to learn a little pirate lingo and read a fun little adventure. If you need some encouragement, try watching Pirates of the Caribbean.

So here's my revised reading schedule, as I've added a few more books.

Treasure Island* DONE!!!
Oliver Twist *
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Middlemarch *
It
Lady Audley's Secret *
Wizard's First Rule (A book suggested by my brother Kirk.)
Emma *
Mary Barton *
Tess of the D'Urbervilles *
Pride and Prejudice *

I also picked up the first two of the seven Chronicles of Narnia books, The Magician's Nephew and The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. But, as each of the books are only 221 and 206 pages respectively, I won't add these to the master list. They're more.... idle reading books. If I like the story I'll buy the other five, but for now we'll see what I think of these two.

Next I'll read a book that I've been positively DYING to read. Oliver Twist is the touching story of an orphan struggling to find his place among London society. Everyone knows that famous line "Please sir, I want some more."

There are a great many movies based on the book, and a musical, Oliver! It's... decient enough. As tempting as it is to start reading tonight, I read almost half of Treasure Island today and if I risk reading much more I could end up with a nasty headache as punishment. My neck is already sore from staring down at the book for so long. If only I had the day off tomorrow, I would concentrate on reading. But noooo, stupid Eva has to ask me to work. There's always before and after work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home