It's Just a Part of Life

It's an entirely unspecific blog, containing nothing more than the thoughts wandering through my overcluttered brain at any one time. Proceed with caution!

Tuesday, April 12

W....a.....i.....t....i....n....g.....

I hate waiting.... I really do. And it's even worse when you're waiting for something really important. I STILL haven't heard from the school that I applied to, and it's the cause of a great many panic attacks and migrains. But I've been forming backup plans. Northeastern accepts applications until July and Northern does too. So if UIC is a bitch and doesn't answer or, worse, if I get that NO written in crayon on a napkin that I'm so terrified of, I do have other options besides remaining at Harper. I'd apply right now, but money is very tight and I can't afford the application fees right now. That's kinda pathetic... I can't afford a $25 application fee.... I hate being poor.

But I'm trying to keep myself calm, assuring myself that it hasn't even been a month yet so, hey, chill out because they have a lot of applications to go through. But it only works for... oh... ten minutes or so before I freak out again. But I do feel better with my backup plan. I just hate waiting and I want to know.

Speaking of hating to wait... I won a few books off of eBay and they still haven't gotten here! Waiting for mail is the worst, because I live in an apartment and I never know if it was left outside the door and someone walked off with it, or if they didn't deliver it and it's waiting at the post office for me, or what. So not only am I crazy impatient with waiting for my acceptance, or denial, to be mailed, I'm waiting for my books too. Damn post office.... neither snow nor sleet my ass!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger Anna-juniorknitwit said…

    You'll be ok, hun, don't worry! I don't want you freaking, all right?

    (Although to be honest, my heart rate has been jumping up every time I check my e-mails, to see if you've found out yet...I guess I'm guilty, too...)

    Oh, well...do as I say, not as I do, OK?

    :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home