It's Just a Part of Life

It's an entirely unspecific blog, containing nothing more than the thoughts wandering through my overcluttered brain at any one time. Proceed with caution!

Sunday, April 24

What a week...

This past week has been... A few notches below unbearable.

Friday of the week before my grandfather had a stroke. A minor one, but a stroke none the less. And he was in the hospital up until Thursday, and now he's been moved to the rehab center. He's doing really great, the strength in his right hand and leg are getting a lot better.

Wednesday of last week my little sister had two seizures in the morning. So I had to take her to the emergency room.

It's been an emotionally draining week. And, as selfish as this sounds, I was actually afraid that my notification from school would come. Because if it came then, with everything happening, there wouldn't be a way to celebrate. There wouldn't be time or energy, and it would be unimportant in the light of recient events.

But it didn't come. Still no word about my application, though a woman I know, who donates a lot of money to UIC, called and demanded to know what the hold up is. They told her that they're focusing on freshman admittance first. So I won't know for a long time... if ever.

But it's a new week, so here's hoping for calm days and quiet nights. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home