It's Just a Part of Life

It's an entirely unspecific blog, containing nothing more than the thoughts wandering through my overcluttered brain at any one time. Proceed with caution!

Saturday, May 21

The Waiting is Over!!

Today was the day that I have been waiting for for five months. Today was the day that I came home from work and found my UIC acceptance letter sitting neatly on the table for me. Come Monday morning my housing application and other information will be in the mail, reserving my place in the college.

I'm still in shock. This is a major change for me. I"ll be living in the dorms, away from home for the first time ever, not counting the 2 months of hell that I spent living with my idiot ex-boyfriend.

I know that I'll get help from the government, I mean... there's no way that I or my parents can afford the school. And anything that I can't get help for, bring on the student loans!

I'm starting to take a careful inventory of things that I'll need to take with to the dorms, things to leave behind, things that still need to be purchased.

For all of my confidence that I'd get in and my comfort at Harper, this is a completely different ballgame. I'm totally unprepared for this sort of life. College life. Real college life. I'm really doing it. I'm really going to make myself into the person that I want to be. It's terrifying. And exciting. But mostly terrifying.

August 22nd. That's the first day of classes. I have to find out where my housing is and when I can move in, so that I can give notice at work. That alone is making my day, knowing that I am not going to be trapped as a lower Osco employee for the rest of my life.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:26 PM, Blogger Denise said…

    Just want to tell you how "AWESOME" this is! College bound and doing what you want to do! Obviously, it might be a bit scary at first. And then whoosh! You'll be comfy before you know it.
    Way to go!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home