It's Just a Part of Life

It's an entirely unspecific blog, containing nothing more than the thoughts wandering through my overcluttered brain at any one time. Proceed with caution!

Thursday, March 31

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

Ok so I've been pondering things, taking those horrible long looks in the mirror and I've decided something.

I've gained WAY too much weight since high school.

I blame the lack of the daily misery that is gym class. Without that forced physical motion there's just... stillness and eating. Not to mention the fact that I can knock back a 24 oz bottle of Pepsi in about 2 hours.

My whole diet is just horrible. I eat pasta all the time, I snack all the time, and not on good things. I eat pure crap. And it has to stop. I mean... right now, around me, is a large thing of popcorn chicken, a tub of mash potatoes, a bag of popcorn, empty bottles of Pepsi, and some handi-snacks. I'm a pig!!

So I'm trying to figure out a way to fix this problem that I've developed. Changing my diet is the first step. Getting up off my lazy ass and actually moving around is the second step. Or... the second half of the first step really.

I did buy a Tae Bo DVD from work. Did it once and it kicked my ass. But in a good way. I'm just lazy and I don't keep up with things. I need to start prioritizing my time and not wasting it so much.

It must be fate. Flipping through the channels I ended up on Ellen Degeneres, doing comedy about how much we eat in our society.

So here is my plan:
  1. NO MORE PASTA!!!
  2. Less Pepsi, more water
  3. Daily walks around Payton hill or around the track at school
  4. Tae Bo 3 times a week
  5. Be a twit and dance to the radio
  6. No more Pizza Hut or McDonalds
  7. No more double thick cream cheese on my bagels

The hardest parts are going to be giving up the pasta and the Pepsi. I don't think that the actual exercise will be a problem now that I've actually admitted itself to myself. I want to be healthy, I want to sleep good at night, I want to see if my boobs with shrink a little and be more comfortable for me.



Note that at no time did I mention looking different. Because I like the way I look. I just want to be healthy. I'd like to stick around for a few more years. And I think that the best way to do that will be to get healthy. So... the new regime starts tomorrow. No April Fools.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home