It's Just a Part of Life

It's an entirely unspecific blog, containing nothing more than the thoughts wandering through my overcluttered brain at any one time. Proceed with caution!

Wednesday, February 9

Just Another Wednesday

Sometimes I worry about people. I really do. I'm taking Introductory Chemistry this semester. Now my teacher has made the understandable assumption that everyone knows how to follow simple instructions and use fire in a safe and controlled situation.

Oh how wrong she is...

Today's assignment was to heat several different mixtures over a LOW FLAME. Bold, Italic, Underlined, ect. So what do half of the idiot students do? Turn those flames up high baby!! And then they wonder why their experiments aren't going as well as others. It's just... sad really.

Pip is a naughty fish! He scared me today while I was about to leave for work. I popped into my room to feed them and, gasp, no Pip! I immediatly thought the worst and looked up at the surface to see if my little buddy had gone belly up. But he wasn't there. So I stuck the net into the tank and gave the little face tree trunk a shake and he came swimming out. Apparently he's claimed that as his home. He likes to just chill out in there. I'm going to get a few more fish tomorrow after my classes end. A few more fantails, just a little bigger than Pip and Oliver. Not sure what to name them. I'll have to dig through my books. Any and all suggestions are, of course, welcome.

I would like to take a moment to thank Dan for sending such a beautiful poem to me as a response to my little assignment. I adored it, I really did. It flowed so well and said so much so eloquently. You truely have a gift with words, please continue to write and share your works with others.

Well... that's all for this Wednesday. Here's your assignment for today:

Watch one of the Humane Society shows on Animal Planet. Animal Cops Detroit or Miami, or Los Angeles. After the show look up your local humane society or animal shelter. If you can't afford to take one of these needy animals into your heart and home, make a donation. You only need to look into the eyes of one of these saved animals to see what a difference your help can make.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home